Making a difference in Jesus' name through justice & servant ministries at
home and around the world
Through the prayers and generosity of Anglicans in the Diocese of Niagara,
Hands Across Niagara supports our ability to engage God's mission throughout
our diocese and beyond as we live out our baptism by committing to justice and servant ministries.
Every donation to Hands Across Niagara will be directed so that:
- one third will go directly to your home parish to support justice and servant work in the local community,
- one third funds grants for the kinds of ministry described in this brochure, and,
- one third supports the mission of the Anglican Church of Canada.
HALTON HILLS ANGLICAN CLUSTER MINISTRY INUIT OUTREACH
is a cornerstone project of shared Mission & Ministry within the Cluster! This presentation
describes our Inuit Outreach project. Our current focus is a quick response to the urgent need for warm winter children's clothing and
diapers for Inukjuak. Volunteer by contacting Connie Karlsson email@example.com
or at (905)-877-2436.
INUIT OUTREACH PROJECT - springing forward again!
What could be more fitting than gathering essential items for
the people of Inukjuak & Iqaluit in the season between Easter
& Mothers' Day! In celebration of Christ's Resurrection & of
the gift of our Mothers & ALL the Mothering women in our
life, we'll again gather, network, recruit, pack & ship essential
items to our friends in the North. Click here for details.
Some "shout outs" and thanks:
- Air Inuit for continuing to generously ship all of our donations to the North! Thank you Air Inuit, Montreal!
- Avis Budget for once again donating the use of a cube van for the trip to Montreal!
- Alice Rice, Georgetown and her Mom for all of the hand knitted kids clothes, winter wear, educational materials and more!
- Adamson Spa, Norval for their donations!
- Rhonda Murphy Velten and Jaime for all the baby clothes donations!
- Karger Gallery, Elora now supporting our Inuit Outreach Project!
- Two car loads from St Stephen's, Hornby and St John's, Stewartown!
VOLUNTEERS WANTED: INUIT OUTREACH PACKING DATES:
Over 1000 LBs of children's clothing and other essential items collected and waiting
to be sorted and boxed.
- Monday May 6 at 11AM and 7PM and Friday May 10 at 7PM
- Sorting, packing and preparing for shipment to the North.
- Perfect way for high school students to earn community credits!
- Independent Free Press covering Monday at 7PM for your photo op!
- St. Paul's Anglican Church Hall (basement, back door), 16 Adamson St., South, Norval
Follow us on Facebook
"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem"
This song is a prayer for peace in Jerusalem.
Scripture says "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, they shall prosper who love thee" (Ps 122:6).
We say amen and "Even so, come quickly LORD" (Rev 22:20).
Bishop Michael Bird's Charge to the Synod of Niagara on November 16,2012
Links2Care offers help for seniors and adults with disabilities
with cleaning up your (or someone you know) yard and garden and snow removal.
Other services offered include:
- Home Help (laundry, vacuuming, grocery shopping, cleaning)
- Home maintenance and repair
- Meals on Wheels
- Respite Care
- Friendly Visiting
Call (905)-873-6502 EXT 35 to book today.
COMMUNITY UNITY - "Local Churches Together Making a Difference in Community"
Think about donating to one of the many food 're-distribution' programs in our area.
St. Alban's - Food For Life - firstname.lastname@example.org
"We collect surplus perishable food (baked goods, fruit and vegetables, prepared foods, dairy and meat)
from grocery stores and restaurants in Halton region. Weekly we sort and deliver this fresh food to those in need."
St. George's - Fresh Food Box - email@example.com
"This is a programme which provides fruits and vegetables, chosen in season
and packed in a returnable plastic bin. The boxes are then delivered to various
drop sites in Halton."
St. Stephen's - Halton Recovery House - CaringAndServingAsOne.com
Weekly deliveries of non-perishable foods as members of the congregation weekly
bring non-perishable foods as part of their offering.
Others? - in Mississauga, Brampton, Milton? - Let us know so we can be part of the 'food chain'!!
Current Events (for further information, click on underlined headings)
Friday May 10, 2013 - St. John's, Stewarttown at 6:00 p.m.
Contact Joan Hayes at (905)-877-5797 for tickets. Take outs are available.
Pie Sale - St. Stephen's
Saturday May 11, 2013 - St. Stephen's, Hornby from 8:00 a.m. to noon
St. Paul's Management Team Meeting
Tuesday May 21, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
St. Stephen's Yard Sale
Saturday May 25, 2013 from 8:00 a.m.to 2:00 p.m. For more information contact
Henry Allie at 905-824-0192
Cluster Ministry and Mission Council
Tuesday May 28, 2013 - St. Stephen's at 7:00 p.m.
"Glimpses of God"
Wednewday May 29, 2013 - 7:00 p.m. Shared stories of how lives
are being changed & life experiences that bring people closer to God.
Stay tuned for details.
St. John's Yard Sale
Saturday June 1, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. For more information contact
Maureen Batten at 905-873-2216
St. Stephen's Management Team Meeting
Monday June 3, 2013 at 7:30 p.m.
St. Stephen's Memorial Day
Sunday June 9, 2013 at 11:00 a.m.
St. Stephen's - Victorian Tea
Come and join us at St. Stephen's, Hornby for a true Ladies Victorian Tea on June 15, 2013 from 1 - 4 p.m.
Contact Vicki Tate firstname.lastname@example.org. for more details
St. John's Parish Pot-luck
Sunday June 16, 2013 after worship.
St. Paul's Management Team Meeting
Tuesday June 18, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
St. John's Management Team Meeting
Wednesday June 19, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday June 22, 2013 - 9:30 a.m. at Trafalgar Truck Stop
Choir Practice @ St. Stephen's
Choir practice on Thursdays from 7:30 to 9:00 pm. New members are always welcome - just show up the 1st night.
No auditions required and no experience is necessary, only a commitment to enjoying the music. Speak to any choir member if you have questions.